Multi-function Serial <-> Ethernet Redirection Software
Multifunction serial to ethernet (and ethernet to serial) interface software. Easily access a serial device via a TCP/IP or UDP network or redirect Ethernet/IP data to real or “Virtual” RS232 serial ports. This allows you to use existing Windows-based serial RS232 communications software to send and receive data across any TCP/IP network.
Introduction to TCP/Com
TCP/Com software is extremely simple but powerful. It can be used to solve a wide variety of device interfacing and RS232 or TCP/IP conversion problems.
- Turn a PC into a Serial Device Server (Terminal Server)
- Send or receive data over a TCP/IP port with any serial communications program
- Open COM ports located on another computer in your network as if they were local
- Use Ethernet network (or the Internet) as a giant serial RS232 cable (Serial Tunneling)
- Feed data from one physical RS232 port to multiple RS232 serial communications applications
- Map a TCP/IP port to a different TCP/IP port
Use TCP/Com as a Serial Device Server
Share serial devices over a network (or even the internet)
Use TCP/Com as a Virtual Serial Port Splitter Cable
Windows does not allow multiple programs to access the same COM port. Bypass this restriction by using TCP/Com to split a single COM port into multiple virtual COM ports. This allows all your serial communications programs to access the same data.
Intuitive Multi-Document Interface
In the TCP/Com window just select the com port number and the serial communications parameters for your serial device and enter an IP address and a socket number. Then activate! It’s that easy! Com port data will appear at the IP address and data from an IP port will appear at a real or virtual com port.
Version 7.0.4 (released June 2014) Fixed rare issue with “Remote Pings” feature not functioning correctly.
Version 7.0.3 (released March 2014) now allows users to name individual session windows to better manage multiple connections. A bug fix that addresses the remote pings feature is also included.
Version 7.0.2 minor bug fix
Version 7.0.0 Updated Virtual COM Port drivers
Contact Us to talk about your next project.